Here is a compilation of a couple different letters. One is an email and the other is a hand written one while waiting at Walgreens for the Elder's to buy fishing supplies on their way to the beach on P-day.
"Hi Guys!
I have learned a lot this week about an answers to prayer - first with an experiance with some scary dogs - we were tracting and usually I'm not afraid of the dogs because they can never jump the fences but these ones definitley could. My companion and I decided to say a prayer and when we walked back there was only one of the dogs that was standing up. The rest were lying down and just barking. I KNEW that we were protected by Heavenly Father, it reminded me kind of of Daniel in the Lion's den. THe other answer to my prayer was yesterday when I spoke in church. Wow, the spirit helped me so much because I was able to say everything that I needed to say without looking at my paper that I had written. THe words came into my mouth clearly and I felt the spirit.
Well, this week has been another trial of my faith with finding people who are ready to hear the gospel. But even when we go out and tract and have no success I find a lot of joy in having faith in Heavenly Father and in being positive. I think that is one of the gifts that I have been blessed with is being positive in situations that aren't perfect - but I think that my parents have taught me well! "Positive Energy"!
I've been reading a lot about faith and miracles and I've found that Heavenly Father cannot perform any miracles w/out us having faith.
Here are a couple of funny things that have happened lately... I have no idea how much food I've been able to eat. The members keep feeding you and feeding you and feeding you. But it's always delicious. :)
Yesterday we were at the Bishop's house and he was cutting coconuts w/some other people. It was so neat to see them cutting coconuts underneath the palm trees. BUT, then I had to eat one. Have you ever tried warm coconut juice? Well, let me tell you, not that great. Actually, pretty gross- and my companion wouldn't drink mine so I had to finish it! Then I finished it off w/the coco inside- you know that kind of resembles a jelly-fish? Anyway it was funny and definitely something I'll never forget!
Well, we arrived at the beach and it's really pretty. I love driving in this part of the country. It's green and ' hilly' and there is a song that we always listen to when we drive though. It's kind of Alison Krausish and fits perfectly.
I started reading the Book of Mormon the other day and was so impressed by Nephi. His calling wasn't a missionary like Alma but it was to lead his family. I thought about us and our family-especially as I've been working w/ a lot of inactives lately - how we can always be an example and I'm so grateful that you are my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment