Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October 5, 2008

This week has been good. Dad asked me about my district and my zone - they are awesome! There are six in my district, which two are the Zone leaders now. But, we are with them a lot - going to church, meetings, giving them rides etc. They are so much fun to have in the backseat. I don't love being the driver all of the time but, I'm getting a lot more aggressive - driving wise (Good thing? hopefully)

There is an elder serving a mini mission (a lot of P.R. members serve mini missions - they go to another part of the island and serve for a few months- its really neat because it helps them see missionary work and then helps them when they go back home to their wards) but he is hilarious so its fun to have the elders around. My zone is really great too. We've seen a lot of each other lately with conference ( we all went to the stake center with the members to watch it) and its really fun because there are 8 sisters in our zone. 2 of them slept over at our house on Saturday night - we had a little sleepover party. Well, not really - we were already stuffed from pizza and hot chocolate that some members gave us. But, it was fun nonetheless. (Did I just say nonetheless?)

Anyway, this past week has been good. We had transfers - so I got to see the whole mission as we gathered to be instructed from the President, APs and Sister Martineau. It was really great. I felt really strongly while the president was talking about our goals as a mission (that in Nov and Dec every companionship has a baptism) and our vision for the mission that he is a servant of the Lord, that these goals for the mission aren't his, but they are the Lord's. Anyway, it was really neat to make plans about how we are going to advance the building of the Kingdom of God.

Oh wow, and then conference... first of all ... lets give it to the girl who stayed awake the whole time! Yeah! It was so awesome. My favorite talks were Elder Bednar's about prayer, President Monson's about Joy in the journey, and Elder Christofferson's about the Building up of Zion. Especially in Elder Christofferson's when he talked about Zion that this gospel is the most important thing in our lives. I don't think I really realized that before, well maybe a little but not like I do now. I was reminded about my sacred responsibility as a missionary but also as a member when I return to give my life to Heavenly Father.

We also had the baptism of our Duenos! Wow, the spirit was there and they seemed so happy.

Well, I need to go but I love you all so much! I know that it is only through faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghostt, and enduring to the end that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Brad Neff said...

Last I heard she was drowning in two feet of rain, and next thing ya know she's eating pizza and having sleep-overs. I think that the acorn did not fall far from the tree.