Editor's Note: This is a copy of a letter we received today from Maclaine. In the future, we will scan the little drawings she puts in her letters and on her envelopes!
Dear Family,
Well, right now I'm at a zone activity in Hormiqueros. The sisters are all in the kitchen cooking a Guatemalan somethin somethin. But there's not a whole lot for me to do... so I'm just relaxing. I'm pretty impressed - they are handling the meat and everything :) (Maybe I'll learn how to cook here in PR.)
It's a hot day, but in front of the fan...just perfect.
Well, there isn't too much to write but I just wanted to say hi and that I love you.
Oh, my little Puerto Rican favorite thing this week - the clouds! I don't know why, the clouds are so pretty down here. Driving down from a hill and seeing the countryside with the clouds covering them - I can't really explain it but they are so pretty and puffy. Even when they are black and rainy, I love them. Sometimes even more.
Another thing I don't know if I mentioned before but it's funny: All of the "gang bangers" don't skateboard or ride in low rider cars - They're going horseback. They all ride horses in the streets! It's so funny to see a tough looking guy with baggy pants and no shirt riding a horse!
This week, I'll take a picture of my house - it's cute. We even hang our clothes to dry!
I love you so much,
Hma Neff
No comments:
Post a Comment