Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A little bit o' random



Devin turned 17! Seventeen was a fun year for me. Jamie and I decided that we wanted to make the most of our seventeenth year so we decided we were going to be “seventeen and hot”. And we were. Even if no one else knew it, we did. And, for some reason, it made everything that happened that year a little bit more romanticized and added an extra measure of fun. I can’t believe its Devin’s turn to be 17. Sometimes I still see her as the little, larger-than-life four year old. But, she is definitely growing into womanhood now with style.

Another thing: we went to a fabulous Thai restaurant (Actually, for a minute I thought that Thai food came from India. I am not ashamed to share this Blonde moment with you). I decided that night that I could be Asian. Their food just speaks to me. And, I feel smart when I play Chinese games.

We had a girl’s sleepover with the Christensen girls who are about our same ages. My married friend Michelle came as an adopted sista. We danced, made a time capsule and reminisced. We also all shared our favorite quotes from Heavyweights. A few favorites were

“Now that’s not kind Jerry”

“There are so many myths about the abdominal muscles; I’m glad to put this one to rest.”

“You’ll all be doing this by Labor Day…do it to it Lars!”


The family and I went up to the cabin! I hadn’t been in a long time so it was fun to be there and watch conference. Although, I fell asleep a few too many times, so I’m grateful for lds.org! I think my favorite talk would have to be Elder Bednar’s.

Jamie leaves on her mish tomorrow. Ahh!


6 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I heard you got your call today! I cant wait to hear where your going!

Anonymous said...

I notice you changes your movie quote. Not quite as funny as old Fronk.

Anonymous said...

I should reread before I post. I meant "changed"

Emily Frame said...

My mom just told me you're going to Peru! That is crazy, you will be the best hermana! (Do they speak Spanish there?)

Anonymous said...

time out! Jamie is going on a mission? WHERE!? and you are going to PERU!? HOLY MAKEREL! that is so cool. Congrats!

Miss Maclaine said...

Yep - Its been a week since she left fot the MTC. She is going to the Brasil, Porto Alegre mission! But, ya, I'm so excited because I got my mission call last week to Puerto Rico, San Juan West mission! I leave July 30th!