Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Maclaine: My Story


If you were in Utah watching general conference, you’d recognize a deep, sometimes grating voice saying, “ Emma Smith: My story”. The voice kept popping into my head when I thought of writing about last what happened last Wednesday. It’s probably traveled through the grape vine by now, but I had to write about it still! So, here is “Maclaine: My Story”

Last Wednesday my mom texted me during class. All she said was, “big white envelope”. Finally! It had arrived! So, later that night we had a little get-together to open it. After making a few guesses ( my official guess was Kentucky – why? No idea.), I opened it. When I read “ Puerto Rico San Juan West Mission” I was shocked! I thought for sure I was going state-side (which being a U.S. territory, Puerto Rico kind of is state side I guess). Puerto Rico had never crossed my mind. I was definitely excited to find out that I’ll spend the next year and a half on that little island in the Caribbean . When I’ve heard of other missionaries receiving their calls, they’ve always said that their mission was perfect for them - I feel really blessed that I’ve started to feel that way also. I can’t wait to go to on my mission and help to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

So, on July 30th I will enter the Provo MTC to start my training as a missionary. I am so excited to go and so excited to be a misionera!

That night I kept thinking of the lyrics of this hymn:


Called to serve Him, heav’nly King of glory,Chosen ’er to witness for his name,Far and wide we tell the Father’s story,Far and wide his love proclaim.

Onward, ever onward, as we glory in his name;Onward, ever onward, as we glory in his name;Forward, pressing forward, as a triumph song we sing.God our strength will be; press forward ever,Called to serve our King

10 comments:

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

I am so excited for you and this amazing journey. Even from a long time ago, I had thought you would be a perfect missionary. I can't wait for you to get started and preach the gospel. Love you Clainey!

Brittany said...

Congratulations! Thats awesome. You will be an amazing missionary.

heidi said...

So sweet!! I am so excited for you! It was great to run into you today and we really need to go out before you leave! Really!!

neffgang said...

CP -

Thanks for making your parents so proud.

- Pops

brooke said...

maclaine, that is so exciting! congratulations- and guess what- my dad went to the same mission! and i have a friend there now...he will be home before you leave though

Rachel U said...

I got tearing eyed just reading this. I am going to be a mess at your farwell. I love you Cuz!

p.s. step up 2--->in the dollar theater! saw it today. the fourth time is just as good! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Maclaine: Thanks for sharing this story! I got choked up. Missionary work is so rewarding and it's all in service for our Savior. You will love the work, the people and most of all, your companions. Some of my greatest friends now are those with whom I served in Russia. These friendships will last a lifetime. I have to say I am proud of you. There is so much in store for you. You will be a very dynamic missionary. What a great time to serve the Lord. (MTC "breakfast to go" are the best!)

Miss Maclaine said...

Thanks so much everyone for your enthusiasm and support! I'm so grateful to have so many wonderful people in my life!

P.S. Vanessa, thank you so much for your encouragement! I'm so excited but sometimes its scary venturing into the unknown. What you said was perfect. Thanks for being such a great example!

Cathy said...

Maclaine this call is so perfect for you! You will be a great missionary. You radiate the love and light of Christ!!

breanne said...

Maclaine-
Congrats on your mission call! That is so awesome! We'd love to come to your farewell, when is it? You will be such a good missionary. Email me if you get a chance and let me know about your farewell. bre_shaw4@hotmail.com.
-Breanne shaw