Who knew that when I purchased my book for Spanish phonetics, that something similar would happen to me? Meet my Half Blood Prince:
The person who owned this book before was a lot more dedicated to this class than I was and definitely understood it much better. He filled in every exercise, highlighted every important point, and even took notes off to the side. (To be honest, I have no idea how he sold it back to the bookstore)
But, I didn't take advantage of his knowledge until a few weeks ago when a few classmates and I were trying to practice turning Latin words into Spanish words for an upcoming test. We kept referring back to the exercises he had done. But, instead of saying, "what does the book say?" or "how does the book say to do it?" we would say, "what does he say... how does he do it?". It was then I (inside my head) exclaimed, "He's my Half-Blood Prince!". Every time after that when I benefited from his notes I chuckled inside "hahaha... my half-blood prince". Who knows? Maybe that's how Harry felt.
his signature
5 comments:
Maybe he didn't sell it back to the bookstore? Maybe he just put it on the shelf for some lucky person to get? Maybe you should do the same? Just put it back on the bookshelf for another lucky soul. What would Harry do?
that is sooo funny! i am laughing out loud! you are so lucky to get that! really cool and kinda creepy at the same time. haha :)
That is so awesome.
I am not so sure about this... How would the honor code office feel about it? Remember, Cougars don't cut corners!
Don't worry Todd, most of the answers were in the back of the book anyway - it was just like having a really smart studdy partner :)
Post a Comment