Sunday, March 30, 2008

Just a little FYI

Words of Mormon 1:7
And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will.


So I just wanted to give a quick update about "the call". With the new online system the church has, your bishop can actually check to see the status of your application. I awoke today to find out that my status has not changed and still says "ready for assignment" rather than "call letter sent". Alas, it looks like it will be a couple of more weeks until I get that big white envelope that tells me where I'll be living and serving for the next year and a half.

At first, I was pretty upset and a little bit depressed about having to wait another two weeks, especially because my best friend Jamie will most likely not be here when I get my call. I was wondering why it was taking so long! During church though, I had a couple of really enlightening and peaceful experiences that have not only helped me be more patient, but have taken away the anxiety I felt about the whole situation.

So, after starting out a little bit rough, I end the day grateful for the love I know Heavenly Father has for me and each one of us and even more excited for the opportunity to serve Him and help to bring the world His truth.

10 comments:

Rachel U said...

wow i really like that scripture. its just what i needed. thanks mac. love you :) hang in there

laurel said...

wow! i'm so excited for you. sorry i didn't know you had sent your papers in - i really am out of the loop this far away! can't wait to hear the big news.

Anonymous said...

Great attitude Claine. I know it will be the right place for you when it comes. You're still in our thoughts!

Miss Maclaine said...

Thanks guys for all of your support! Love You!

Heather said...

i didnt know you were going to serve a mission!! That is so exciting. I am anxious to hear where you are going!!

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

I guess I am out of it too - I also didn't know you were heading off soon to serve a mission. Maybe I remember something about it, but I guess I didn't know it was coming so soon!! Very exciting! You will get your call at exactly the time you are supposed to. He knows exactly when, so no need to be impatient. He's got your back ;). I am excited for you.

Anonymous said...

ok...weirdest thing: I was thinking about you a few weeks ago, thinking, "Man, I can totally picture Maclaine wiht a missionary tag..I wonder if she'd ever consider a mission..."

NO JOKE! I hope you go to RUSSIA!

Miss Maclaine said...

Whoa! Craziness! Thanks for thinking of me!

neffgang said...

Extremely proud papa send his love!

heidi said...

Oh I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear where you are going!