The last couple of weeks have been lots of fun and in the spirit of lists, here are a few highlights:
Took an impromptu sleepover trip to SLC with Jamie to see Be Kind Rewind, eat some good (although a little overpriced) food and sleepover at Grandma & Grandpa Holt's house (thanks guys!). It was a great spontaneous getaway and its something that's been on our pre-mission list for a while.
Discovered that its worth it to pay the extra $1.50 to get the name brand floss
Recommitted myself to my education
Celebrated Jamie's 21st B-Day at a Swiss resort in Midway. Nothing better than sitting in the hot tub while people dressed in lederhosen bring you fresh squeezed orange juice. Just kidding. But, it was really fun to sit in the hot tub outside while the snow was falling! And, midway is just a cute little place, you couldn't ever go wrong there.
Saw Step Up 2 for the third time - one word, three sylables - Fabulous
Stake Conference with Elder Perry
Said goodbye to Trent
And last but not least, my mom and I made a yummy birthday cake (french vanilla with chocolate frosting and strawberries). Which brings me to my next exciting piece of news....
My Birthday!
I have a lot of mixed emotions about being a year older. In fact, its actually the first time that I've ever wanted to stay young. But, two things have helped me to be excited to be a year older: First, a friend reminded me that the 20's is definitely a glamorous decade in our lives - I'm definitely excited to be becoming a more mature and "glamorous" woman. And the second, a song from Care Bears 2 entitled "Growing Up". I hope all of you who've seen this film will appreciate these lyrics!
Growing up
It's something you can measure
Growing up
It happens every day
Being young
Is something you can treasure
Life is good when you're
Growing up!
It's something you can measure
Growing up
It happens every day
Being young
Is something you can treasure
Life is good when you're
Growing up!
Haha, it makes me laugh every time. Anyway, sorry for the long post and I hope each of you have a fabulous day on my birthday!
Note: The clock just struck 12, and I'm happy to say, it feels good to be 21!
12 comments:
Happy birthday Maclaine! I get to be the first comment because I am a college night owl like yourself. I am so proud of you and of how you are growing up so well. I am lucky that you are my friend. Have the best day ever!
Happy Birthday!! Wow! I can't believe you are 21!! You will love your 20s. Wiser decisions, lifetime friendships, gratitude for life and adventures around every turn!!
Love you Maclaine
Clainey,
I hope you have a great today! Beware though. You're morning pictures of breakfast in bed might be posted on the family blog soon. JK. Love you tons. Thanks for being the best 21 year old daughter ever!
Mom
Yeah for the Birthday Girl! 21 is a great number!! Have a great day!
happy birthday mac!! i love you and hope you have the bestest day ever!! you deserve it! :))
Happy Birthday!! I am so glad that a have some fond memories of the "younger years" and growing up!! You are so amazing and i hope i can be like you!!
WOW 21! Happy Birthday Maclaine! I hope it's a great one!
How was your birthday? I hope it was a good one!
happy birthday! how awesome was be kind rewind? i've been meaning to see it for days.
MACLAINE:
BIRTHDAYS ARE AWESOME! You are awesome and seriously..21? I can't believe it. Enjoy being young...next thing you know you'll be turning 30!
WOW! 21! Congrats! Happy late birthday! So I tagged you in my blog cuz I haven't talked to you in forever! I hope life is everything you want it to be! I'm sure it is!
Happy birthday! The big 2-1!!
Post a Comment