Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Something New

Today I found out something new about myself. I never thought I was the kind of person to become sick at the sight (or touch) of a needle. I guess I always imagined myself being a little more fearless. Well, turns out I was wrong. Dang. Today I had to get blood drawn and after the phlebologist wiggled the needle around for a minute inside my arm looking for a vein, I felt like I was going to throw up. Luckily, after five minutes to cool down, a drink of water, and the help of another technition, we got the job done. Whew! That was an adventure.




This was the comic I read to keep me occupied while they were working on me. I think I laughed out loud.

4 comments:

neffgang said...

I laughed out loud too!

Cathy said...

Great job donating blood!! It can be the worst experience but when you're finished, it feels great to know you've helped someone.

I'm laughing about the comic!! It's awesome.

cath

Miss Maclaine said...

I wish that I was noble enough to donate! but I just had it done at the docs office. I only had to fill up was a little vile - not even a bag - and I was still freaking out!

heidi said...

Love it! I'm in anatomy right now which made it a little funnier for me. Thanks for making winter funny!