
Sometimes a girl just needs to spend some quality time in the grocery store. There is something about going to the grocery store, wandering the aisles, deciding whether you want Mixed Berry or Key Lime Pie Yoplait, what kind of soup (or occasionally microwave dinners) to get, and whether its worth it to buy that candy bar that keeps staring you in the face. For whatever reason, its therapeutic.
Last night I had an especially great experience at the grocery store. Lately my grocery experiences have been becoming less and less exciting as my shopping list has morphed into the same ten items. I found myself in a rut, just buying the same thing every week. So, I decided that I needed to branch out and try some new things. Let me just say that after two trips, I have fallen in love again with the grocery store. I bought some
peanut butter - This will be a test of my self control. I had to stop buying a while ago because it was becoming addicting
bleach - For some reason I feel like a real adult for buying this
cottage cheese
bagels and cream cheese - I actually bought these on my last trip. Do blueberry bagels normally have little blue spots or are they just getting old?
Smuckers raspberry jam
some DIVINE wheat angel hair pasta
a bunch of the usual things - yogurt, eggs, soup, etc
and a Twix bar.
I probably can't express how pleased I was with my shopping experience. It may seem strange, but I think I'm willing to accept that.
5 comments:
Peanut Butter can be really healthy for you. Get natural kind without added sugar and it's a great source of protein. I'm a PB fan with a little jelly on whole wheat toast and some skim milk!!
Yummy!!
I love going to the store on my own. It doesn't happen very often. I am usually rushing through the aisles with 2 wild kids screaming for more treats. So when I can go it alone, I love it too!
grocery shopping is way more exciting than clothes shopping! I love this post! You are such a little writer..I love it!
so true. i love the grocery store. i always end up putting half the the things i put into my cart, back on the shelf.
i totally agree mac! and i can only go by myself. i hate being rushed in the grocery store. i love taking my sweet time. haha!
Post a Comment