Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Thrill of it All

Work today was really great. Judging by how things were going this morning it didn't seem like it was going to turn out very well. I was running late and had to walk to work, which actually, ended up turning into a run. I kind of felt like a freshman in high school as I was running down 2nd north in my flats, holding my purse, magazine, camera bag, and binder. (I hope that image makes you laugh, because it makes me laugh too.) Luckily I was only three minutes late.

But, unlike the walk/run there, the morning was really pleasant. I worked with a girl that I've never really gotten the chance to know because she works the morning shift and I work in the afternoons. She's going to BYU also but is married, so I wasn't sure if we were going to have a lot in common. To my surprise, we talked for almost the whole time; it was so fun to get to know her. Do you know those people that, when you talk to them, you feel like a better person? She was definitely one of them.

Then, I talked with a customer from Mexico for a few minutes (in Spanish of course). That always makes my day. Its so thrilling to me to be able to converse in Spanish, and through that, get to know a wider variety of people.

So, nothing to exciting, but nonetheless a great little morning at work.

2 comments:

neffgang said...

Are you kidding me? Speaking in Spanish isn't that exciting?

That's fantastic!

-Pops

Anonymous said...

maclaine,
sometimes it is so fun to remember college through your experiences!
We miss you guys! maybe we will come up after Brig is home. I know he will want to see his friends and they are all pretty much at BYU -so are his cousins.
take care,
Wendy Bagley