I don't really know why I'm blogging right now. I don't have any specific prompt, but I just feel guilty that my last post was last Monday - almost a week ago.
I think in my head I imagine that I blog a lot more than I actually do. This is because as things happen throughout the week I think to myself, " ooo, great blog idea". I'll start writing a post in my head but, when it comes down to it, I'll either not have time or have access to the internet to post and, when I do finally get a chance, the ideas/feelings that were so compelling to me just aren't there anymore. So, here I am on a Sunday evening finally with the time and means to write a post and nothing really interesting to write about.
However, I don't want my post to end just at that. Boooring. So, I'll dive into something thats been on my mind the last couple of days. (Sorry if its too... deep. If you want to, feel free to stop reading right now.) I saw a movie on Wednesday that renewed my faith in good films. I won't say the name because I don't want to ruin it for anyone who is still going to see it. Anyway, the movie was really captivating and had a lot of romantic elements, but unlike a normal Hollywood love story, lacked a happily ever after ending. As my friend and I were driving home, we talked about how much we loved it even though it left us feeling sad for the outcome of the main character.
After talking with her I thought about a lot of the books, movies and songs that have left me feeling this way and how much I loved them despite their less-than-perfect endings. I love these stories because they explore the real feelings of human existence. (Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy stories that are downright depressing without any shred of light or goodness - a story can still have goodness and truth even though it ends tragically.) But, there is beauty in learning about and sympathizing with other human beings. Although we haven't gone through the same things or maybe never will, we can relate to them because we know how it feels to be angry or happy or sad. I think this is what I love - being able to look inside myself and find feelings that don't surface very often but still exist. This is why I love movies. Its a beautiful thing when we have the opportunity to learn about others and even ourselves when we listen to the experiences of others.
1 comment:
I totally agree . . . I love a good, deep movie, so do tell what movie it was! :)
Post a Comment