Thursday, February 14, 2008

Obligation

Here I am, at the end of a fun filled Valentine's day. Although I've never technically had a "valentine", its still one of my favorite holidays - just everyone giving a little bit to show their affection, even if its not romantic.

But, this is not the purpose of my post. I know I really shouldn't be blogging right now - going on little over four hours of sleep and with a good hour of work ahead of me, my conscience is telling me to finish my San Manuel Bueno, Mártir homework but I'm just to mesmerized at the moment to do anything else. Devin and I just returned from the long awaited opening of Step Up 2, The Streets. Wow.

Ok, I'm mature enough to admit that the story line was pretty weak as was the dialog and a lot of the acting; truth be told, it wasn't as great as the first. However, the dancing was amazing. It made the movie. I know that I'm pretty naive and that there is a lot of other much better dancing out there but I was ... I don't know I just loved it. In addition to that, there were quite a few moments that either took my breath away or just made me get kind of a nervous/excited feeling - most of them involving "Chase". Wow, I'm a nerd.

Anyway, if you feel so inclined take a peak and see what Step Up 2, The Streets is all about.

5 comments:

Jen said...

ahh, I was going to go last night, but I think I might wait around for the dollar theater? I don't know. And I promise I still want to do lunch...life just got really hectic there for about a week.

Anonymous said...

thanks for going to the movie with me! i had a blast with you!"tastes like sweet candy canes."
devin

Rachel U said...

tastes like candy canes at christmaaaas! mac! i LOVED it!! so worth the $8.50. seriously! the dancing was amazing...and so was chase's face. and andie's body? i think i am going to go on an andie bellie shirt diet. haha! lets go see it together again!

Miss Maclaine said...

I'm totally there Rach! I was walking around campus today listening to the soundtrack and wanted to break out dancing or stand on my head or something.

Cathy said...

I want to see this movie too!! I'm sure the story line isn't the greatest - but the dancing looks rockin'

cth