Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wicked Favs

Honestly, this post isn't for people to feel sorry for me or wonder what really this is all about, although you will wonder I suppose. And hopefully I haven't blogged for long enough so people who I don't really know or want to read this will have stopped reading. Its just to express how I feel. After all, that's what blogs are for, aren't they?

He could be that boy. But I'm not that girl.
Don't dream too far. Don't loose sight of who you are.
Don't remember that rush of joy. He could be that boy.
I'm not that girl.
Every so often we long to steal to the land that might have been.
That doesn't soften the ache we feel when reality sets back in.
.... that's the girl he chose, and heaven knows, I'm not that girl.
Don't wish. Don't start.
Wishing only wounds the heart.
...There's a girl I know. He loves her so.
I'm not that girl.

I listened to this song today and it was perfect. The lyrics may sound depressing but as I listened it, warmed my heart as each of the things she said resonated with me and with what I feel. And if you listen to it the right way, in an interesting kind of way, it's hopeful, not depressing. I was planning on saying more but, really she says it all. The best part about this song is that, in the end, things did work out for her as I have the surety they'll work out for me. Like President Uchdorf said - every princess (I Know its cleche right - but seriously, can't all of us girls relate to that?) went through her adversity, but they got their happily ever after. Just gotta have faith.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Makes me think of other Wicked songs: For Good (our friendship song)and Defying Gravity, something we girls definitely do. You rock Mac!