Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mis Preguntas


So, I have a few minutes to kill and decided it was an opportune time to post - since its been a week or two. I have to be honest, since I've been back I haven't felt the desire to blog like I did "pre-mish". But really, I don't think that its that big of a deal. Anyway, as I'm sitting here I'm not really sure what to write about but lets think... I'm starting school in a few weeks and I'm excited to be learning and progressing. I'll be starting work in about a week which I'm also excited for - especially because I don't have to dress up to go to work!! I think that is what I'm most excited for - I don't have to buy two different wardrobes now for work and school. What a relief. I'm also getting a lot more into music. Ruby and Dad are my music people.

Well, sorry about that boring paragraph. Its just what has been going on in my life recently. But, on a more pensive note, I've loved listening to conference today. Its come at the perfect time for me. Just last night I was thinking about how I want to be different, more considerate, more serviceable, more susceptible to the Spirit etc. What more of a perfect time could conference come than when you are wanting to change?

I was thinking last night and this morning: what is it specifically that I want to get out of conference? On my mission (a phrase that I use pretty frequently these days) our mission president always encouraged us to have a question for everything - a question for our scripture studies, a question as we went to church, even as we headed out for the day, promising us that we would always receive an answer. I admit that I wasn't the best at following his advice but I tried and the times that I did it I always felt the Spirit providing me with the answers to my questions. So, this morning as conference started, I decided on my question and wrote it down at the top of my notes in my study journal. It is : What do I need to do to become the person that Heavenly Father wants me to be?

Its been a wonderful experience to watch conference with that question in mind and be taking notes not only on what the speakers say but the answers the Spirit reveals to me. Before conference started I knew that I needed to do something to change but I didn't know what. Now after only one day of listening to our inspired leaders, I have more than enough things to change and many goals to set.

How grateful I am for an inspired mission president's advice and for the opportunity I've had today to hear a prophet of God speak to us.

No comments: