Well, this week has been really great.
We have transfers next week so its my last week with Hermana G which is sad for me but I am glad that we have been able to have this transfer together. (She is only on a mini-misison) She is wanting to come over to the house when she goes to Utah within the next month or so.
But, this week we have been working really hard. Every night I get back and am so beat but, that is how its supposed to be. We have been so busy that when we are contacting people and they accept a return appointment we have to look hard for a spot to fit them in! I know that the Lord has been blessing us a lot.
We have three main investigators who are progressing and each is so so great! Andrea – she is getting baptized on the 2nd! She is so sweet and we have really become good friends with her. Her soon-to-be-husband was a less active but is coming back with full force and she is just willing to do everything that the Lord asks of her but, the last week before baptism is hard so if you could keep her in your prayers that’d be awesome.
Elliot – we found him about a month ago and he is awesome. He is reading up a storm and loves to learn more about the gospel. He also loves to talk a lot, so I am working on my assertive skills to try and control where the lessons go. Once we ended up talking about how he likes to put fish in the little fountain that he has in the park out front of his house. But, really he is great. He hasn’t gotten an answer totally yet to know for sure if it is true, but he is on the right path and keeping all of the commitments which is really great.
Then there is Hector – he has come to church with his wife who is a member for about two years but last week we had Easter dinner (delicioius ham – did I already write about that?) with them and then set an appointment to teach. His wife kind of felt for a minute that we were pressuring him but we told him really frankly that if he doesn’t want us to teach him its ok – its totally up to him – that we just know the blessings that he can have. His response was really sweet. He said that we weren’t the light that was behind him (or something like that – he speaks a mixture of Spanish and English…) but that we are the light who is showing him the way. I am really excited to keep teaching him and help him recognize his answers!
Well that is the little update of what is going around here. I love you all so so much and am excited to talk to you too!! “la la la la la la I love you… I love you”( Just like Nicholas Cage)
Sister Neff (Hermanita Nefi)
P.S. I’m starting to forget English. Instead of saying “we went off topic” I said “we left the theme” the other day “salio del tema”… I’m turning into a Borequa!!!!
P.S.S. Sorry. yesterday was a holiday for Juan Diego. No one could remember anything about him - just that he was a guy that lived a long time ago - but why not have a free day to celebrate right!? Every other day in P.R. When the Borequas have a chance to party, they do. Anyway, got to go but just fyi next Tuesday will be P-day again because of transfers.
No comments:
Post a Comment