Dear Family,
I was so excited about the chickens! That is one things that I love about it here. I decided that if I moved here I would want a nice house but want it to be campo (country) enough that I would have roosters running around outside like almost all of the houses here in the country.
Well, so this last week has been interesting. It has been hard in a couple of different ways but really good as well. When I think about the blessings that we have received they don’t even compare to the other things that I sometimes worry or complain about.
Well, it has been a good week. We have had a lot of success and Heavenly Father has blessed us a lot. Although I just found out from a member that our investigator that is getting baptized just told her that she doesn’t know if she is ready to be baptized this week. They just got married yesterday and seem so so happy. I know that she is ready but the week before the baptism is always really hard because the adversary knows how hugely important getting baptized is, so we are going to meet with her to give her as much support as we can this week. If you could keep her in your prayers that would be AWESOME!
But, this week has been really really awesome too. Oh, I just remembered I ate rabbit for the first time this week. That was fun. It kind of tastes like chicken but just not as good. Why does everything seem to taste like chicken?
One thing that was neat that happened was that we had companionship exchanges with other sisters and so I got to be with my MTC companion Hna. Venegas! It was really cool to be with her, especially at half way point (wow, I’ve been out here for 9 months already!) But, it was cool to see how much each of us has grown and learned. There was this one point as we were walking up to a door to do a contact and I just had a little glimpse of myself as a brand brand new missionary in the MTC - like watching myself here 9 months later without any fear about talking to people and loving sharing my testimony knocking on doors – just to be able to compare who you were before to who you are now is so neat.
I’m still the same bubbly, quirky girl as I was before, but I feel like I’ve just grown a whole lot more like on the underneath levels. Anyway, I don’t know if that made sense but…
Well, time is drawing to a close but I just wanted to say thanks for all that you guys do for me I love you so so much and am so grateful that we are an eternal family. I love going up to people and testifying that they can have an eternal family only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ because I know its true and I know that I belong to one!
Well, I love you like crazy!
Sister Neff
P.S. I was close to a garbage truck the other day and it kind of reminded me of El Salvador in San Salvador just with all of the garbage on the streets but it made me think of El Sal and how much I love it. I pray for little Alicia everyday and pray for you guys and that whole sitch. Too!!
P.P.S. I have become the official cockroach-getter-outer of the apartment. We play hockey with them (when they are dead of coarse) and shoot them outside of our apartment - I think that Hna. Goodman will show you the videos when she comes by to visit you.
Letter to President Martineau
Wow, I can’t believe that this transfer is over. It seems like just yesterday I found out that I was training and met Hna.Goodman in the little meeting before transfers. This past six weeks has gone by like a flash.
During my studies today I remembered my goal for this transfers. I felt so scared and pretty incapable of training a new missionary, getting to know a completely different area with new members and new investigators. I knew I couldn’t complete this responsibility that I had on my shoulders without my Heavenly Father’s help. The adversary was telling me that I wasn’t going to be able to make any changes or do anything here. So I decided that my goal would be to Pray with faith to do great things here. Although I wasn’t perfect and I admit, lost faith a few times, I feel like Heavenly Father heard my prayers. We have had a lot of progress in the last six weeks – which doesn’t mean that there isn’t a lot of work ahead of us, but I feel like Heavenly Father has had a hand here with the things that have been happening here. I know that He loves me and I know that He loves the people here. I feel like Ammon in Alma 26 when he says that (sorry I just have my Spanish scriptures) “con su fuerza puedo hacer todas las cosas.”
Also, President I want to thank you for putting me with Hna. Goodman this last transfer. It has been an amazing experience for us both. I really feel like I have made a life-long friend. She is such a hard worker and has great ideas and fire for missionary work and has helped me to become a better missionary and keep my “greenie fire”! I know that you were inspired when you put us together.
I love this work with all of my heart. I’m here half way through my mission and am so excited to have 9 more months to serve the Lord here. I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be proclaiming the Gospel!
1 comment:
Maclaine has such a great spirit and fire for misisonary work. I love to hear of her successes.
Post a Comment