Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Companions and Updated Skirts.

My companion and I went to the mall... I bought two new skirts with the Christmas money - thanks Grandma and Grandpa! We went to Marshalls and it was actually pretty fun. Haha. We actually ended up getting the same skirts. They are a little bit more modern than the other ones I bought from the missionary mall in Provo.

It was funny, my companion said, "You look like a missionary now... not like you didn't before, but you looked like you were from the 90's, now you look like a missionary from the 2000's" I don't think she meant it to come out that way but it made me laugh inside! I love being a missionary! (When we see pictures of the other sister missionaries in Puerto Rico, their clothes look a little more casual than what Maclaine brought with her.)

Well, the baptism [Melvin] went really well on Saturday! I am so glad that he finally took that step. I have some great pictures that I'm going to send this week.

But, finally for the news... I am staying here for another month! President Martineau said that he has never left a new missionary in their first area for five transfers, but I will be the first. I really feel like there is something more for me to do in this area. I am going to work hard to do everything I can to do this transfer, as well as find the people in my area who are ready to be baptized.

My new Companion is from Panama. She came out in the same transfer as me. She is a great missionary - she actually trained a new missionary after only two transfers being on the island! Anyway, I am super nervous but I know everything will work out great!

Well, I am out of time. But I love you all so so much and am so grateful that you are my family. I know I say it in every email, but I feel it stronger each week, that I know that this is Christ's true church and only through its ordinances we can be saved. Missionary work is the most important work in the world!

I know that Heavenly Father will let us know what we need to do. I know it. I am working harder on following promptings of the spirit and to have the courage to act on them.

I love all of you like crazy and keep praying for you!

No comments: