Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Companion Prayer in the Strangest of Places.

How could Maclaine not make a funny face for a camera? Impossible.

Melvin's Baptism

Melvin and his family


Dear Familia,

Hi guys! Wow, a lot of news to respond to! First of all, weather - it has been pouring rain the past few days. At first I kind of liked it but after a while its not as good as being in the sun. I think I like being wet from the sweat more than being wet from the rain. Anyway, just a little factoid randomness.

Well I don't have a ton of time today because we spent the entire morning at Pep boys getting car things worked out. It was pretty fun - we studied in MacDonald's with the Latin music going and all. We even sang a hymn really quiet and then went into the bathroom to say a prayer for our companionship study! Haha.

This week, my companion said goodbye to all of our members and investigators. It's a weird feeling being the one that stays and I'm kind of freaking out, "un chin" (a Puerto Rican saying) or in other words, "un poco," or translated, "a little."

You can definitely feel that it was one of those nights-before something changes nights - like when you move or leave on a vacation or something. But I'm excited to work with my new companion and find a ton of people to bring to the gospel. Well, time is drawing to a close, but I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love,

Hermana Neff

P.S. Tell DeeDee and all the cousins thanks SO Much for the Valentines! It made me SO Happy! Thanks Rub for the Titanic lyrics too on my heart! And Gabe, I wear your necklace all the time and it reminds me of you!

2 comments:

Brad Neff said...

Keep those baptisms coming, Mac. Thanks Bri and Steph for keeping us updated as to all of Maclaine's adventures.

Gweneth said...

I love having access to your blog, and following your "adventures." Just got the weekly email from my grandson (he cc's me on his letter to his dad), and he is doing well on his mission. He is now on the last, important six months. How time has flown.

Continue to enjoy. One day it will be just a wonderful memory.

Love, Aunt Gwen