Wow, its really hard to concentrate right now because the Titanic theme song just came on. Actually I’m surprised, I’m not as distracted as I would’ve thought… Oh wait, the finale is coming up… Ok here we go. This seems to be the radio station that plays all of the songs that I loved in 6th grade. Latin pop is so much easier to tune out. Anyway…
Thank you so much for your emails. They were so inspiring! Every week I just get this boost and reminder of the eternal importance of my calling. Thank you so much for giving me so much strength! I’m so glad that Andy is teaching Latin people. Wow. I just am in love with this part of the world. It is so special. We are teaching a girl from Suraname. She speaks English but also Dutch. Its cool because every time she needs to say no she says, “neigh”. Anyway, I just love all of these countries down here.
But, this week has been great. There are a lot of great spiritual things to share and a couple of funny things to share too. Like I said in my President’s letter, we have been blessed with some really neat investigators. I can’t think of anything too specific to share, just that I love finding people and testifying to them of the truthfulness of the Gospel. I find that my most effective contacts are when I really internalize what I’m saying and what the Gospel really means to me. I was thinking about it during one of my studies. I was reading 2 Nephi 4 and Nephi is so grateful of everything that he has. I wanted to be more grateful so I started to list all of the things that I was grateful for. At first it started out to be more for temporal blessings and as the list continued it turned into Gospel blessings : Temples, Prophets and Apostles, the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. When I think about all of these blessings in my life while I am talking to others about the Gospel my desire becomes so much deeper for them to accept.
This week Its been neat because I’ve felt way more focused in the work. Normally when we get in the car is when its easiest to become unfocused and just talk about things that don’t really matter. Well, we came up with the idea of reading to each other from the Bible Dictionary while we drive. There are so many things that we feel like we don’t know about the Bible and the Bible Dictionary is a great resource. So we’ve been doing it and its been awesome. Its helped me to keep my mind on Spiritual things and helped keep my focus and energy up the whole day!
Ok, I think the most interesting things that’s happened this week has been ... drumroll… our bikes!!! We are biking missionaries now. Our first ride was riding home at night on them. We were both nervous but we got home ok. I actually really loved it! I felt even more like a missionary! The next morning wasn’t as fun as the first night but the soreness wore off pretty quick. Well, 2 days later we took the bikes again but this time to a lunch cita. I found out that its best not to ride on the side of the road where all of the thorns hide out. I got a flat. Luckily all of the other elders were also going to the cita so they came and fixed it for us, then they headed up to go to lunch. Well, as we were going up the last hill where the members house was, lo and behold ALL of the elders are standing at the top… WITH THEIR CAMERAS, videoing us!!! I have to say that I wasn’t too happy. My companion was a good sport though and finished climbing the hill. I, on the other hand, got off. I think my exact words were, “ I am not giving 8 elders the satisfaction of watching me ride my bike up a hill!” Oh elders. I have to say it was pretty funny though. But, all in all. Its been a fun experience. We really haven’t had to do it very much, but I’ve enjoyed it. We pray for a lot of protection.
Well, my time is slowly clicking away (at the internet place). I just feel so joyful these days and I’m glad that you guys do too. I love you so much and am really super excited to see you. I’m still kind of in denial but it’s a good denial. Just gotta focus on Today and the needs of the people here. I love them so much. I love Gods work, I know that this is His work and Glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man – and it all starts with missionary work. What a privilege we all have to be a part of it!!! I love you all so much!!
Love, Sister Neff
1 comment:
Time is clicking away until she's home too. I love the biking story. I can just see someone like Trent videoing from the top of the hill. Good for her for not giving them the enjoyment of the whole situation.
Post a Comment