Thursday, July 2, 2009

The librarian that can't be pleased.

Hi Guys!!!

Ok, Sorry about the suspended writing – we had P-day today instead of yesterday. The reason was because today (along with being my 11 MONTH MARK  - crazy) , 30 years ago today Elder Worthlin opened up the Puerto Rico San Juan mission! Cool huh? So we had a mission wide activity to celebrate. It was really awesome the whole mission got together and we just played games outside and ate and talked and then at the end had water fight. I am soaked right now sitting in the Library chair … ooops! But it was really great to be able to talk with everyone, especially Hna. Turcios and other Hermanas that only have one or two transfers left. It was awesome.

So, this week has been pretty good. Nothing too too exciting has happened but just working in the Causa Celestial. I actually have been kind of homesick this week I think that its just because I keep thinking about Dad. Like being in church thinking hhmmm…. I think that they are probably in Sacrament Meeting right now and dad is sitting up front. Weird!! But don’t worry its like in a good way. It was  just a little shocker for me but in a good way. I am seriously so so super excited for the awesome work that you guys will do in the ward. 


Well, I love you guys so so much. I love hearing about everything that is going on. I think I almost started to cry when I was reading your letters just because I love you so much. I know with all my heart that this Gospel is true! I KNOW that the 
Book of Mormon is true and that it is the word of God. I know that Christ lives. I know that He has given us His church again and that we have prophets and apostles who have been called by God. I know this with all my heart. I love the Lord so much and am so grateful to Him that He has given me this opportunity to serve. I love you guys so much and I’m so grateful that we are an eternal family!!!

Los amo UN MONTON!

Su Hermanita Nefita 






Dear President Martineau, 

I really am so grateful to be here working for the Lord. The past few nights as I have said my prayers my heart has overflowed with gratitude for being here. Sometimes during the day things happen that make the work really hard and really challenging, but there is no sweeter feeling than at the end of the day as I pray to Heavenly Father feeling love and gratitude for this work. This is the best thing that I have ever done in my whole life.

As far as teaching and everything is going we are working with a few investigators that are in the first stages of conversion but all of them have A LOT of potential which is really exciting. Going into first lessons is always a little bit scary for me just because you never know how they are going to react but it was really neat yesterday - my companion's parents sent her a little excerpt form the Church news and there was this really awesome quote from President Hinckley. He was talking about  his interview on 60 minutes and he said something along the lines of “ leaning into the stiff wind of opportunity is better than hunkering down and doing nothing’. Wow! I loved that quote it just inspired me to do the hard things in the mission. Especially as I go into a first lesson wondering what will happen, how they will react, etc. I think now of that quote – sometimes the ‘wind of opportunity’ is strong but I have a testimony to share about the truth with these people and I need to share it!

Well President, thank you for all that you do for us I really appreciate yours and Sister Martineau’s goals and visions for the mission!

No comments: