
This week has been a good week. We had our interviews with President Martineau this past week and I found out that I am definitely going to be transferred this next Wednesday. It will be hard because I have come to love the people here so much, but I know it is for the best - we sang in relief society "Each life that touches ours for good"and I was so happy that I have been able to serve here with these people. I love Puerto Rico so so much and am so happy that I still have 11 months to continue serving here!
Things are moving along great with investigators and recent converts and everything. There are always a couple of snags, a couple of things that we have to work on, but I know that everything will turn out great if we have faith and work hard. I know that even though this in transfer I didn't baptize anyone or do anything too outstanding, I was able to help in little ways - most of them I can't see, but I know that if I do my best Heavenly Father will consecrate my work for good.
While we were contacting this week, I talked to my companion about a question I had about a scripture I had read in my studies that morning. It was about the stick of Judah and the stick of Ephraim. We were talking about what the scripture meant. We also started talking about the lineage of Lehi. I remembered that Lehi was from the tribe of Manasseh, but I wanted to make sure, so I looked it up in the "guide to the scriptures" in the Spanish Book of Mormon and read what it said. I found out that, yes, Lehi was from the tribe of Manasseh, but more importantly, I read that in the last days the tribe of Manasseh would help Ephraim in the gathering of Israel.
My companion said, "I'm from Manasseh!!" And I said," I'm from Ephraim!!" I wasn't expecting to feel the spirit as strongly as I did. But in that moment, as we were walking up a hill to reach the last house of the neighborhood, I felt the spirit testify to me that I truly am of the lineage of Ephraim. I felt strongly that I am a part of something right now that is bigger than I realize, that my mission here on the earth is to help with the gathering of Israel not only here while I am serving in Puerto Rico, but for my entire life. I feel blessed that my Heavenly Father has entrusted me with this gift and responsibility to help gather His lost sheep. I hope that I can fulfill this calling the best that I can.
Next item of business... THANK YOU for an AWESOME BIRTHDAY! I'm bummed because I had some cool pictures to show you but they aren't downloading on the computer... next week. But seriously every little thing was awesome and perfect. I'm wearing my twilight necklace right now haha! love it. Also, the sea glass necklace was so pretty too, along with the scripture marker, ctr ring, CUTE cute outfit, and EVERYTHING. It was funny because I saw that the shoes were kind of bent or something and thought that it was because they were in the box and then realized that that must be the style now! haha, I felt kind of out if it but in a good way - and they are super cute!
My companion made the day really special for me. After I finished saying my prayers, she came in with confetti (the paper from the hole puncher) and sang happy birthday in Puerto Rican, Panamanian, and Papiamento! Anyway, it was a really great day.
I had a little epiphany this week that was really neat. I was knocking (yelling) doors and we found an atheist man. Normally we testify that Christ's church has been restored on the earth again, but with him we had to take a few steps back and testify that Christ lives and that God lives, that he loves us and hears our prayers.
He didn't accept, but I know that Heavenly Father loves him. When I told him that, he said, "Your God hears your prayers." And I said, "no, our God hears our prayers." But I was just thinking about times when I have known that Heavenly Father has heard my prayers. I remembered when I would walk home from Charlotte Wood (Junior High School) sometimes and be scared that the guy with the red hair would kidnap me. I would pray the whole way home that I would be able to be safe. Now looking back I know that I was totally safe and that Heavenly Father knew that I was safe.
Even though I know that He knew nothing would happen to me, I know that He listened. I know that He knew that I was worried and that He cared about how I felt. Anyway, it was just a little blast from the past but it really meant a lot to me. I am grateful for that time when I felt so close to my Heavenly Father and I that I knew that He was there. I know that we are His children and that He will never forget about us, that He will always listen to our prayers.
Well, Sorry its been such a huge email but I love you all so so much!
Hermana Neff
1 comment:
We're excited to find out where Maclaine is being transferred. Any story about gathering Israel is fine in my book. Hurrah for Israel!
Post a Comment